Oops, you forgot something.
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.
we just found out a year ago our family is of Basque origin, it's been very interesting doing some learning.
We are students of the Eguzkibegi Ikastola of Galdakao (Bizkaia), we are doing a project that involves research of the Euskal Etxeak and we have chosen yours. It would be appreciated if can be answer a some of questions.
Here are the questions:
- When did the Basques first go there? Which date/year/decade?
- When was the foundation founded?
- Who are they- and which part of the Basque Country did they come?
- Why did they come?
- How many members are there in the foundation?
- What are they doing there now? Do they have jobs?
- What sort of ‘Basque things’ do they do?
- Do they have any special event?
- What can we find out about their identities now? How ‘Basque’ are they still?
Thank you very much.
I am Mark Doyaga, My mother is Emilia Doyaga Sarriugarte. She was not the president of the Basque club in NYC. however, she was in charge of The Society of Basque Studies in America. If you would like to contact me directly, you can email me at
Unai Sarriugarte says...Aupa familia euskalduna. Unai Sarriugarte daukat izena eta apiril-maiatz inguruan Ny-era joateko asmoa daukat. Bi- hiru aste oporretan. Euskal Etxea bisitatzeko asmoa badaukat. Boiseko aurtengo jaialdian, Sarriugartetar asko ezagutu nituenMezu hau bidaltzen dizuet, norbaitek Emilia Doyaga Sarriugarte ezagutzen baduen jakiteko. Badakit Ny-ko Euskal Etxeko lehendakaria izan zela. Norbaitek berarekin kontaktua badauka esaiozue, bere bizkaiako familiar urruti batek maiatzean ezagutu nahiko zukeela. Besarkada bat. Unai Sarriugarte
i b u says...kaixo.
New York, inguruan Sarah Uriarte Berry bizi da, eta aktoresa da, antzerkian lana egiten du, eta bere aitite , amomak, euskaldunak izan ziren,...